Reporting to: Chief ExecutiveWeekly Hours: Part time (21hrs per week)Annual Salary: £32,500 to £35,000 per yearBenefits: 5% Pension, Parking, Personal Development & more.
Background: Croydon Vision (CV) is focused on transforming lives, the journey to independence. Over the past few years, we have worked together to establish our values and steer change in a direction that promotes a growth mindset – an inward/out approach. We have seen a 42% income growth from 2018 to 2020. We’ve now stepped into phase 2 and the team is taking the organisation from good to great, focused on Purpose, People and Performance. Our centenary is fast approaching in 2023 and our mission is to build for the next 100 years. We are looking for an exceptional fundraiser, someone with individual brilliance, creative and takes ownership of their work. We want to reach more people with sight loss; to transform lives as well as increase our turnover to £1m by 2023. Does the above resonate? - come join us as we paint the next 100years… Objectives of the Fundraiser (Trusts & Foundations):
· To implement a plan of action and raise income in line with CV’s fundraising strategy.
· To secure a ROI ratio of at least 1:5 by the end of year 1
· To provide excellent stewardship to existing and prospective donors.
· To drive 1 of 5 key priorities (strategic plan); sustainable reach.
· To prepare applications, cases for support and monitoring and evaluation framework - in line with funders’ criteria, working in conjunction with the Senior Team.
· To lead fundraising (Trusts & Foundations for our centenary appeal)
· Having a drive for personal development, sharing and learning as a team.
· To proactively research Trust and Foundation funders, identify those with high value and long-term income growthpotential, and deliver a 6monthly portfolio of funding applications.
· Write accurate,compelling, and persuasive applications to Trusts and Foundations for both core and project funding in line with CV’s strategic plan; keeping up to date with currentpriorities.
· To contribute to the preparation of monitoring and evaluation, impact and donor reports; ensuring all requirements are met.
· Represent the organisation to external stakeholders (including funders) at meetings, events and showcases (physical and online).
· Contribute to innovation and creative thinking to enable CV to see growth in trading and income generation activities.
· To provide quarterly report to the CEO, actual against targets for performance measurements.
Learning & Growth
Understanding the impact of sight loss, living with sight loss and the transformational journey to independence.
· A growing person adds greater value, therefore, being part of CV’s book club; learning and sharing is essential.
· Responsible for recognising the importance of taking care of own well-being and take advantage of well-being initiatives offered by CV.
· Tomaintain up to date knowledgeon external fundraising environment, including attendance at learning and development events.
Connecting Hearts & Minds…
· To engage with members, volunteers, and staff to fully understand the story and culture of CV and then align with donors’ requirements.
· Understanding the values of CV and adopting daily.
· To maintain a range of financialand portfolio data on activeand prospective donors using agreedsystems.
· To acknowledge individual giving with a personal touch of thanks.
· To generate social media contents relevant to fundraising, demonstrating performance, impact and social value.
· To exemplify the employee handbook, policies, and procedures and undertake any other duty commensurate with our goals.
Model Person Specification – Fundraiser (Trusts & Foundations) Essential and desirable skills, abilities, experience, knowledge, and special requirements for the post. This form also indicates how the different requirements may be assessed during the selection process:A = Application Form, I = Interview
Education and qualifications
Educated to degree level
Experience for this role
At least 2 years recent successful experience of Trusts and Foundations fundraising (individually or as part of team)
At least 3years experience in the use of computerised systems and software’s – office 365, SharePoint, CRM database, Microsoft packages
At least 2 years’ experience of creating powerful cases for support (Trusts, Foundations and/or individual donors)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Financial management skills required to create and manage budgets (basic level with opportunity to grow)
Knowledge of a range of fundraising research and prioritisation tools
Excellent written communication skills required for writing compelling cases for support, letters, board reports, social media content and concise impact reports
Strong oral communication skills required for communicating effectively with a range of stakeholders’ face to face, by telephone or online.
Strong teamwork skills required for working well with others to deliver positive outcomes for CV (trustees, volunteers, staff, members and partners),
Strong project and workload management skills required for maximum performance and effectiveness in your role
Understanding of professional confidentiality and safeguarding
An understanding of some of the key challenges facing charities in 2021/22
An understanding of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) as it applies to fundraising and the wider work of CV
An understanding of a range of monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement tools required to demonstrate success to Trusts and Foundations
Application and Selection Process – Dates for your diary: