Date: Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Time: 2:30 to 4 pm
Shaw Trust is delighted to invite you to attend the Disability Power 100 event, celebrating 100 individuals, disabled or living with an impairment, who are working to break the stigma around disability, to create a more accessible and inclusive world. Join the online event on Wednesday 21st October where she will officially be announced in the Power 100 and find out if she will become one of the Top 10 finalists! Please sign up to register for the virtual event here. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/shaw-trust-power-100-2020-launch-tickets-124060114141
The annual publication is compiled by an independent judging panel from nominations received by the general public in the categories of:
· Arts, Fashion and Design
· Business, Finance and IT
· Politics and Law
· Education, Public and Third Sector
· Digital, Media and Publishing
During the event, you will hear from Shaw Trust CEO, Chris Luck, on why we produce the Power 100. Sir Ken Olisa, (Shaw Trust Chair) will talk about the value and power of role models and for the first time ever we will be streaming the Top 10 count down direct to the public. The event will conclude with Baroness Jane Campbell (last year’s number one on the Power 100) leading a panel for a live Q&A session on "The Disability Glass Ceiling - How do we achieve better representation in the media and in boardrooms."
See below for the full agenda:
· Open and welcome - Baroness Jane Campbell, Chair of Judges
· Why we produce the Power 100 - Chris Luck
· The value of role models - Sir Ken Olisa
· What it means to be in the Power 100 - Videos from previous Powerlisters (Justin Levine and Suzanne Bull)
· The Top Ten countdown - Diane Lightfoot, CEO, Business Disability Forum
· Panel discussion on The Disability Glass Ceiling, how do we achieve better representation in the media and in boardrooms
We are streaming the event publicly and by registering on Eventbrite you will be able to join us for the celebration, as well as having the opportunity to take part in an interactive Poll on how disabled people can have greater opportunity and a voice to inform future policy and submit questions for the panel discussion with Baroness Jane Campbell and others panellists.
You will need to register to attend the event and can do so by clicking on this link. Please share this link with your colleagues, associates and networks. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/shaw-trust-power-100-2020-launch-tickets-124060114141
We look forward to you joining on 21 October.